My Problem with Shmups My Problem with Shmups

Nice

Animation's a little rigid but gets the intent across.

Shallow Lake Shallow Lake

Good

Generally true moral of the story.

The only thing this video doesn't have going for it is the voices are hard to understand from the pitch-shifts. It kinda makes them all have a gargling-water sound.

Though overweight people believe in the "oh personality" concept, that's not the only ones. There are people who are attractive but don't see themselves that way.

The Only Thing I Know The Only Thing I Know

Great Job!

Isolation instead of living isn't living. Great job on the flash cartoon!

Mario's Revenge: SE Mario's Revenge: SE

Not bad, but not amazing either

I'll echo the other complaints about this being a clock movie in disguise of a mario movie, which is probably why it's scoreing low on things since people thought it would be a mario movie.

This could be roughly described as a mario crossed with DBZ and clockcrew with some references to final fantasy. Kirby just being added to advance the action.

You also could also have fixed the spelling errors.

While not the greatest animation ever, I score it higher for actual drawings.

Her and Mine 1001 Wishes Her and Mine 1001 Wishes

Sweet

This is a really sweet cartoon, made me want to cry. ^^

Do more like this, it's really good!

Noctivia Noctivia

Pretty Cool

Like the artwork, the voices in the beginning could use a little work. (If anything that could be added, subtitle the music, it's what? German?)

The animation was a little inconsistant though, in some parts the forground/background shifted and make it look a bit odd. (Look on the net for a scripted camera, scripted cameras don't work in avi output though) A scripted camera would solve the shifty backgrounds-while-zooming/panning, but it's not the only solution.

I do like the style though, it's an anime style, and it doesn't have any obvious 'based on something else', which is great!

You should put this on a DVD demo reel. It's so much better than 98% of the stuff newgrounds gets.

nightshade-pheonix responds:

:D thankyou for the kind and helpful words! I'm very proud of my current anime style, its good to see someone else can recognise it as unique.

IT Geeks: East 2 Sundaes IT Geeks: East 2 Sundaes

Excellent job

This was great for a short animation shot.

I think the only thing that threw me off was blonde-girls voice (which seems different from previous ones) in which she seemed to have a cross between a british and new jersey accent.

The Sonic Underground reference I didn't get till I watched it a second time and remembered the cartoon.

Could probably use more background sound/music/noise, but you're doing a good job and I'd like to see more.

Wonchop responds:

Kylee said she had bad acoustics in the room this time. She's american, and I don't try and force her to talk british.

Final Fantasy Heroes 2 Final Fantasy Heroes 2

Sprites, meh

The only thing different about this flash and nearly every sprite-rip flash out there is the voice acting, so I'll focus on the voice acting and not complain about the lack of originality.

Okay anyways, the beginning, the music is too loud, you can't hear edge at all or barely.
In Figaro castle, the text boxes don't match up with what's being said.
Edge is too damned quiet.

If I can recommend somethiing, take ALL the audio and pre-mix it in something like Audacity so you can hear all the sounds and stereo separations, then put this in the flash file as "Stream"

The text boxes with the sprite images and text overlays look hideous, if you were trying to emulate the games, the FF games don't do that to begin with. The text need to be left-top aligned with the text boxes, not randomly placed.

RebelliousStudios responds:

First off, just because it's a sprite flash doesn't mean it's not original. Second, I used audacity. I just forgot to amplify and decrease the volume on a few things. Oh, and next time, maybe make a reference to the animation or plot next time.

Shoo Fly Shoo Fly

Good animation

Wow this is good animation, It times well to the music.

Ben And Ken Ben And Ken

Unbearable audio

The one thing this animation needs is the audio not to clip. (this would be when you are recording where it goes into the "red" in most software) Because of this, it makes listening to it very pain inducing when the rock guy speaks.

Other than that, it's an average flash.